Welcome to the CBA Website
Annual Meeting: Plenary Sessions
Annual Meeting: Presenting a Research Report
Annual Meeting: Conversations over Lunch
Annual Meeting: Celebrating Liturgy
Annual Meeting: Participating in a Continuing Seminar
Annual Meeting: Singing at Liturgy
Annual Meeting: CBA Book Display
Annual Meeting: Listening to Research Reports
The Seventy-ninth International Meeting of the Catholic Biblical Association will be held at Santa Clara University, August 6-9, 2016 (Saturday-Tuesday).
Member login required. Link to the Committee on Nomination's form is active until 12:00 p.m. EDT on May 30, 2016.
- Advance rate available until 11:59 p.m. PDT on July 1, 2016.
- Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. PDT on July 23, 2016.
Deadline: Continuing Seminar sign-up until June 18, 2016.
Deadline: Liturgical ministry sign-up unil July 1, 2016.
- Table(s) reserved and paid for by July 18, 2016.
- Materials shipped to be received by Santa Clara University by July 20, 2016.
Catholic Biblical Quarterly - Recent Issues
Vol. 78, No. 2 (April 2016)
|215-235||Philip Y. Yoo||Hagar the Egyptian: Wife, Handmaid, and Concubine|
|236-255||Marvin A. Sweeney||The Jacob Narratives: An Ephraimitic Text?|
|256-271||Mark S. Smith||"Midrash" in the Book of Judges: The Cases of Judges 3:31 and 6:7-10|
|272-289||Michael R. Whitenton||Feeling the Silence: A Moment-by-Moment Account of Emotions at the End of Mark (16:1-8)|
|290-301||Michael Morris||Deuteronomy in the Matthean and Lucan Temptation in Light of Early Jewish Antidemonic Tradition|
|302-320||Joshua A. Noble||"Rich toward God": Making Sense of Luke 12:21|
|321-337||Chris Keith||The Competitive Textualization of the Jesus Tradition in John 20:30-31 and 2 1:24-25|
|339-382||David Bosworth and
Linda M. Maloney
The CBA is pleased to announce the publication of the newest volume in our "CBQ Monograph Series":
To order please see the main page of the CBQMS section of this website.
No. 54: Ginny Brewer-Boydston, Good Queen Mothers, Bad Queen Mothers:
The Theological Presentation of the Queen Mother in 1 and 2 Kings, $22 (members $17.60).
MEMBERSHIP and SUBSCRIPTION RENEWALS FOR 2016 are now open.
Full Members and Associate Members of the CBA may renew your annual membership (currently $50), along with any optional subscriptions to the OTA and/or NTA, in the following ways:
- Renew by mail, paying by a check drawn on a US bank or a money order (in USD), responding to the renewal forms sent to you by regular mail in December.
- Renew online, paying by credit card, using the online payment system of this website (There is a $4 processing fee). To do so:
- LOGIN to the members-only portion of this website (see the menu bar on top right of this screen).
- Look for the "USER MENU" on the right side of this screen, and click the third item: "Renew My Membership."
- Follow the instructions on the page that appears.
The following recent announcements of faculty or administrative positions may be of interest to CBA members:
- Pontifical College Josephinum: Columbus, OH
- For more info, see this website's section on Job Openings.