Welcome to the CBA Website
Annual Meeting: Plenary Sessions
Annual Meeting: Presenting a Research Report
Annual Meeting: Conversations over Lunch
Annual Meeting: Celebrating Liturgy
Annual Meeting: Participating in a Continuing Seminar
Annual Meeting: Singing at Liturgy
Annual Meeting: CBA Book Display
Annual Meeting: Listening to Research Reports
The Catholic Biblical Association of America Open-Access Policy
The Catholic Biblical Association of America (CBA) has established this open-access policy for authors whose work is published in the Catholic Biblical Quarterly (CBQ) and in the Catholic Biblical Quarterly Monograph Series (CBQMS). The goal of this policy is to make the CBA's publications accessible to the widest possible audience, while ensuring the CBA's sustainability as a publisher.
In addition to these core principles of accessibility and sustainability, there are other factors that have provided the impetus for this policy: (1) the CBA's recognition of authors' rights to their scholarship; (2) the increased availability of scholarship in digital format; and (3) authors' desire to make their scholarship available through personal or institutional web sites; (4) the CBA's responsibility to honor its contractual obligations to academic databases, and (5) the CBA's obligation to preserve the original final copy accepted for publication.Read more: Open-Access Policy
The Seventy-Eighth International Meeting of the Catholic Biblical Association will be held at Xavier University of Louisiana, New Orleans, August 1-4, 2015 (Saturday to Tuesday).
Click here for the meeting schedule.
- The registration fee which covers materials, breaks, socials, etc. is $125, if registered before July 3, 2015 (11:59 PM EDT).
- A late fee of $20 will be added to registration from July 4 - July 18, 2015.
- Registration closes at 11:59 PM EDT on July 18, 2015.
- There is free Wi-Fi available on campus.
- For comparison purposes, this year in New Orleans, the cost of registration, single occupancy accommodations for three days and 9 meals is estimated at $388 and last year in Providence the cost for the same was $465.
- Click Here To Register.
- DO NOT USE THE BACK BUTTON when registering.
- Meals will be offered a la carte on the registration form, beginning with dinner on Saturday.
- For 9 meals (Saturday dinner—Tuesday lunch), the cost is $56.70.
- Sunday breakfast is at a catered fee since the Dining Hall staff have the day off.
- Click here for campus map.
- All housing will be in the Living Learning Center (LLC# 88 on the map) 801 South Jefferson Davis, New Orleans, LA 71025, 504-520-7799 - in the event of overflow, some may be housed in the St. Martin de Porres Dorm (# 44).
- General Sessions will be held in the University Center (#17).
- Breakouts will be held in the University Center (#17) and Administration Building (#1).
- Book Displays will be held in the University Center (#17).
- Meals, socials, and coffee breaks will be held in the University Center (#17).
- Liturgies will be at St. Katharine Drexel Chapel (#8).
- For those wishing to stay on campus the cost of rooms will be $50 per night for a single dorm room or $35 per night for a double occupancy dorm room.
- There will be a one-time fee of $42 to cover housekeeping, campus shuttle service from the dorms to the meeting site, cup, soap, hangers, and linens (towels, sheets, pillow, and blanket upon request).
- Dorm rooms are available at the same rate for those wishing to arrive early (Thursday or Friday).
- Click here for the PDF information sheet.
MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS FOR 2015 are now open.
Full Members and Associate Members of the CBA may renew your annual membership (currently $50), along with any optional subscriptions to the OTA and/or NTA, in the following ways:
- Renew by mail, paying by a check drawn on a US bank or money order (in USD), responding to the renewal forms sent to you by regular mail in December.
- Renew online, paying by credit card, using the online payment system of this website. To do so:
- LOGIN to the members-only portion of this website (see the menu bar on top right of this screen).
- Look for the "USER MENU" on the right side of this screen, and click the third item: "Renew My Membership."
- Follow the instructions on the page that appears.
The CBA is pleased to announce the publication of the newest volume in our "CBQ Monograph Series":
To order please see the main page of the CBQMS section of this website. No. 53: Angela Kim Harkins, Kelley Coblentz Bautch, and John Endres, S.J. eds., The Fallen Angels Traditions: Second Temple Developments and Reception History, $16 (members $12.80).
No. 53: Angela Kim Harkins, Kelley Coblentz Bautch, and John Endres, S.J. eds., The Fallen Angels Traditions:
Second Temple Developments and Reception History, $16 (members $12.80).
Please note: To search these notes, two steps are needed: first search for the Old Testament book, then for the particular verse (colon between chapter and verse). Be sure you are at the text you are searching for, because there are many cross-references in these notes. We hope to have soon a more sophisticated program provided by the USCCB.
The following recent announcements of faculty or administrative positions may be of interest to CBA members:
- Notre Dame Seminary and Graduate School of Theology: New Orleans, LA (full-time)
For more info, see this website's section on Job Openings.