There are several Categories of Membership in the Catholic Biblical Association (CBA):
- Sustaining Members - Those who pay the annual membership dues but are not eligible to be members of one of the following categories.
- Associate Members - Those who are engaged in or have completed post-baccalaureate studies in biblical or allied fields or have taught Sacred Scripture for at least one year at the major-seminary or college level.
- Full Members - Those who have an advanced research degree in Sacred Scripture or biblical theology, including the Ph.D., Th.D., S.T.D., S.S.L., or S.S.D.
- Life Members - Full Members who make a contribution of $10,000 to the CBA. Scholars noteworthy for their contributions to biblical studies may also be elected as Honorary Life Members.
Anyone (members of the general public) may apply to become a Sustaining Member. Candidates for either Full Membership or Associate Membership must be formally sponsored by a Full Member of the Association, and then be elected to membership at an annual general meeting of the Association.
Subscription to The Catholic Biblical Quarterly is included in the Annual Membership Dues (currently just $50 per year) for all Full, Associate, and Sustaining members.
Attendance at Annual General Meetings of the Association is limited to Full Members and Associate Members, and to those persons who receive an invitation from the President (these include candidates being proposed for membership at that meeting).
Papers and Presentations at Annual General Meetings may be given only by Full Members, or by other persons at the invitation of the President.
Access to the Membership Directory and some other sections of this website is restricted to Full and Associate Members of the CBA.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CBA MEMBERSHIP:
Candidates for Full Membership must have the degree of Licentiate in Sacred Scripture from the Pontifical Biblical Institute in Rome or the equivalent in graduate training (generally taken to be a doctorate from a good biblical studies program) or in scholarly publication.
Candidates for Associate membership must have taught Sacred Scripture for at least one year at major-seminary level or at least two years at college level, or must be engaged in higher studies in the biblical or allied field.Read more: How to Become a Member
MEMBERSHIP and SUBSCRIPTION RENEWALS FOR 2016 are now open.
Full Members and Associate Members of the CBA may renew your annual membership (currently $50), along with any optional subscriptions to the OTA and/or NTA, in the following ways:
- Renew by mail, paying by a check drawn on a US bank or a money order (in USD), responding to the renewal forms sent to you by regular mail in December.
- Renew online, paying by credit card, using the online payment system of this website (There is a $4 processing fee). To do so:
- LOGIN to the members-only portion of this website (see the menu bar on top right of this screen).
- Look for the "USER MENU" on the right side of this screen, and click the third item: "Renew My Membership."
- Follow the instructions on the page that appears.
The Membership Directory is accessible only to CBA members who have paid their annual dues.
- CURRENT CBA MEMBERS:
- If you have already logged in, look to the right of this screen, find the "USER MENU," and click on "CBA Members List."
- If you have not yet done so, please LOG IN.
- CBA Members may now update their own contact information (address, phones, e-mails) using our online system.
- Updated information may also be sent to the CBA office (by contact form, email, or regular mail).
- PAST MEMBERS AND NON-MEMBERS:
"Blessed are the dead who from now on die in the Lord." (Rev 14:13)
Please remember and pray for those who have gone before us.
If you are aware of the recent passing of a CBA member not mentioned below,