Website Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this website of the Catholic Biblical Association of America (CBA), you agree to be bound by these “Website Terms and Conditions of Use” and all applicable laws and regulations of the United States of America and the District of Columbia. You agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download or print one copy of the materials (information or images) on the CBA’s website for personal, non-commercial use only.
- You may also transfer the content to individual third parties for their personal, non-commercial use, but only if you acknowledge this website as the source of the material.
- This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify the materials without the explicit written permission of the CBA;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial) without the explicit written permission of the CBA;
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the CBA’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- electronically store or “mirror” the materials on any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by the CBA at any time. Upon termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on the CBA’s website are for general information purposes only and are provided “as is.” The CBA makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, the CBA does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, the CBA takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control. In no event shall the CBA be liable for any loss or damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use any materials on the CBA’s website, even if the CBA or a CBA authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on the CBA’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The CBA does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. The CBA may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. The CBA does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The CBA has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the CBA of that site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
7. Shopping Cart Policies
- Modifications and Cancellations:
- Orders that have already been fully processed by the CBA office cannot be cancelled and no refunds will be issued.
- For journal subscriptions, once the first issue of any calendar year has gone out, no refunds will be given, even if there is a cancellation before the end of that calendar year.
- Returns and Exchanges:
- If an item (book or journal) that you purchased through our website is defective in any way, do not return the defective copy.
- Do not return any item without first contacting the CBA office by phone or email.
9. Governing Law
Any claim relating to the CBA’s website shall be governed by the laws of the State of District of Columbia without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling the purposes and mission of the CBA, other purposes specified by us, and other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individuals concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individuals concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
- We will make readily available to CBA members and customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are not, however, responsible in any way for the accuracy of our information nor are we liable for any problem or loss an inaccuracy may cause.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.